People need to be present to have their income tax returns completed. For example, in the case of couples, both partners need to be present, and in the case of any children who are earning an income, those children need to be present.
Each clinic has specific eligibility criteria based upon income level and place of residence. Please review the clinic description carefully.
Volunteers cannot help with income tax returns for
- deceased individuals
- capital gains or losses
- employment expenses
- business or rental income and expenses
The volunteers trained by Canada Revenue Agency follow these guidelines:
- Individual $30,000 or less
- Married or Common-Law couple $40,000 or less
- Single Parent with 1 child $35,000 or less (add $2,500 per additional child)
- Interest income limited to under $1,000
The Chartered Accountant volunteers follow these guidelines:
- Individual with no dependents $25,000 or less
- Married / Common law with dependents $35,000 or less.